Skip to main content

It Matters...To Me Anyway

Maybe I just didn't notice four years ago.  After all we had a two and three year old.  But this year it makes me sad that so many people have turned this election personal.  Lee has an uncle who says that anybody who votes for Romney just is dumb and not paying attention to the facts. My father in law said those people voting for Obama have been fooled.  Really?  I did my research and I am either dumb nor fooled.  I get to vote MY concionous.  MINE!!! I am worried about the future of this country just like everybody else.  ( Well not everybody but that is a whole different post)I am worried about the country my grandchildren will in.  I assume I will have at least two of those but who knows.  

I had a coworker post that she is voting for Romney because she is voting for somebody who cares about this country.  Ummm...okay.  Obama cares he just does things different then you think.  

Here is my take.  I truly think that we are given the choice of two GOOD men. Neither one of them have been accused of cheating on their wives.  I saw interviews with both of them and they both spoke so highly of their wives and children.  These are family men.  Do I want one of them to win more then the other?  YES!!!  Am I moving to Canada if the other one wins?  NO!!!  Why? Because I believe in this country I believe in the goodness.  These are not perfect men not by a long shot but these are men who want what is best for this country they just have different opinions on how and what that is. 

If Romney is elected then I think we will see something different then what he has promised.  Not because he is a liar but because he doesn't know what he is getting into.  It is like being a parent, you never really know what it is like until you are there and then it is just too late to back out.:)

Soon enough we will know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts

I sometimes wonder where to draw the line in this whole blogging thing.  I could make us look like the "perfect" family or I could deal with all of our disappointment and make everybody think that we quite possible have the worse life ever.  Or maybe there is a middle ground somewhere that I have yet to find in this blog.  Today was a rough day.  Don't get me wrong I am so excited that everybody around me is having babies.  But for some reason today I was caught up in the losses all over again.  I am wondering when it stops.  Maybe it never does.  Maybe it will be a life time of wondering what if I would have gone full term.  Several people have asked when (or if) we are going to have another baby.  I am not sure.  Sometimes that answer is yes and sometimes it is no.  But one thing is for certain it isn't right now.  Really I don't need to have a ton of kids to fill some void.  I love my two kids and if that is all ...

Time to dust this off

L:ong story short I came across something that made we want to add back to this. Not sure why but hwere we go. Life is constantly chaning and I feel so mnuch surround bu death lately. Not diredctly although I fee like that is coming but more just heartbreak for so many around me. Yesterday Victoria quailfied for state. It was an answer to a prayer. I prayed she would qualify and felt strongly she would. As we left her away at the meet she was certain as were we that she hadn't qualified and then the clouds parted and she will be able to run. She told me she prayed that she would have a good last high school race. and her last race was not grea. There were tears. And rears when she called me to tell me she qualified. So rad trip to ther side of teh state next weekend Wednesday Jake is going through the temple. So many mixed feelings for so many reasons. I shouldn't expect people to show up but sometimes it is just so hard when my mom is the only "church...

February

February was a tough month both mentally and financially.  The light at the tunnel was Phoenix.  Kids had a blast and it was great way to end an otherwise crazy chaotic month.  My goals were blah.  We paid off  more credit card debt then I though but I didn't sew as much as I wanted and I didn't run as much as I should have.  I also didn't read or declutter as much as I planned to.   Although I did reach my goal for losing weight.  So not a total loss. At some point I will file taxes and write a check to the state of Idaho.  I keep putting it off for several reasons.  At some point we will a check from FSA and our gap insurance.  Although a ten page EOB probably will take a while to get through. I think it was just one thing after another and I never felt like I gained my footing.  Maybe because I worked more.  Which lead to more in savings.  Still not where I want to be.  But better then it coul...