Skip to main content

2011 in a Nutshell

Not sure how it happened but we didn't send out Christmas cards this year for the first year since Jake was born.  Not sure why we were such slackers this year.  I love showing off the family and telling people what we have been up to this year.  So here it is in a nutshell.

We now have a five year old and a six year old.  Natalie was pregnant early in the year but miscarried in May a few days after her graduation.  We are grateful for the kids and the blessing they are in our lives.  Lee spent three months working in Utah.  It was a difficult time but we felt strongly that is where he needed to be. 

Lee completed what was his first marathon in October.  He did amazingly well for his first marathon and now has plans to complete several more races in 2012.

Natalie has started running and has plans to complete a half marathon in 2012.

Natalie recently switched jobs and which she is very excited about.  In July Natalie passed her licensing exam and is so glad to be done with school at least for now.  Natalie continues to work PRN for a local hospital which she continues to love.

Lee is a stay at home dad and is loving being able to spend his days playing tea party and being a soccer dad. 

Jake played soccer this fall and t-ball this summer.  He enjoyed both a great deal.  He will start basketball in January and would like to play football in fall 2012. 
Jake has done well in school this year and is in an accelerated reading and language group. 

Victoria loves ballet and had her first recital in June,  she loves being on stage.  She has done well in kindergarten and has enjoyed making new friends and learning new things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts

I sometimes wonder where to draw the line in this whole blogging thing.  I could make us look like the "perfect" family or I could deal with all of our disappointment and make everybody think that we quite possible have the worse life ever.  Or maybe there is a middle ground somewhere that I have yet to find in this blog.  Today was a rough day.  Don't get me wrong I am so excited that everybody around me is having babies.  But for some reason today I was caught up in the losses all over again.  I am wondering when it stops.  Maybe it never does.  Maybe it will be a life time of wondering what if I would have gone full term.  Several people have asked when (or if) we are going to have another baby.  I am not sure.  Sometimes that answer is yes and sometimes it is no.  But one thing is for certain it isn't right now.  Really I don't need to have a ton of kids to fill some void.  I love my two kids and if that is all ...

It has been a week

Here is how the week went Monday: OUr 25th anniversary. I was sick. We went and tried a Cuban restrant not as good as the food we had in Miami but it was good. We love trying new local places. It ended in tears. I won't go into all the details but I am relaizing that this is not the marriage I want. I am open about what I need and we will go from there. Luke started wrestling. Tuesday: End of the year banquent for Luke and Andrew. Luke recevied the "Most Improved" Awared. Here is the thing about that. His coach talked about how during summer practice he wouldn't even run 100 yeards. He would just stop. At some point after the first meet it clicked and he just ran and did what he needed to do. He went up adn accepted the award with such confidence. Wednesday: Both boys had activities. Andrew had stayed home from school due to not felling wel. My guess is he just needed a rest. He was feeling up for going and making pizzas at the Bishop's hous...

Heavy Week

This week has been so heavy. I had a client pass away and I never got the closure I needed/wanted. Client was not my typical client. He was different and sassy and I looked forward to seeing him every week. Then we went to a presentation. When I tried to explain how dishonest the presenter was I felt ignored. We are pretty anti MLM anyway but not wanting to know is weird to me. There are big changes coming and I am not ready for all the changes. Might be good might be a diaster. Time will tell. Mom's surgery is scheduled in about four weeks. I feel as though she moved it for us. Which is for the best for everybody but still taking on guilt that is not mine to own. Listening to the news about the LDS church shooting/fire in Michigan has been so triggering. I hate that I feel all the all the feeings. How I can envision the people there and the screaming kids and .....on and on. I wonder what changes will come to the church now that prophet died. I hope ther...